Shiloh Discussion Group
Perry Cuskey

Make sure you register!

If you plan on attending any of the hikes taking place on the anniversary weekend, the park really needs for you to register ahead of time. I have it from two very reliable sources that the reason the 10-mile April 5th hike is no longer posted on the NPS web site is that it has filled up, and there isn't room for anyone else. And the other hikes appear to be filling up very fast, from what Mona has told me.

So if you've followed my bad example and have not yet registered for the hikes you want to take part in, make a list of the ones you plan on joining, then call the park to reserve your spot. You can do so by calling 731-689-5696.

As they say on the infomercials, operators are standing by to take your order. Or something like that. At least, they're standing by during regular business hours. So if you call at midnight, I'm guessing you won't get an answer. Seriously though, please be sure to call and register. It appears that the park is going to be a bit on the crowded side this year, so let's do all we can to help out the folks who will be very kindly hosting all of us that weekend.

Perry

I called and registered today. I asked the lady if things were filling up and she just laughed and replied " You have no idea." I can't imagine how the parking will be.

On the 6th I signed up for Fraley Field, The Decimation of Cleburnes Brigade, and Turning the Union left/ The Death of Johnston. On the 7th its The Union Counterattacks and the Orphans.

If you plan on attending any of the hikes taking place on the anniversary weekend, the park really needs for you to register ahead of time. I have it from two very reliable sources that the reason the 10-mile April 5th hike is no longer posted on the NPS web site is that it has filled up, and there isn't room for anyone else. And the other hikes appear to be filling up very fast, from what Mona has told me.

So if you've followed my bad example and have not yet registered for the hikes you want to take part in, make a list of the ones you plan on joining, then call the park to reserve your spot. You can do so by calling 731-689-5696.

As they say on the infomercials, operators are standing by to take your order. Or something like that. At least, they're standing by during regular business hours. So if you call at midnight, I'm guessing you won't get an answer. Seriously though, please be sure to call and register. It appears that the park is going to be a bit on the crowded side this year, so let's do all we can to help out the folks who will be very kindly hosting all of us that weekend.

Perry

I called the park today and signed up for the 10 mile hike. I would call asap if your planning on doing that tour.