Shiloh Discussion Group
C. Rickman

fiery trial

Now, that is one commercial I didn't mind watching. Rather enjoyed it. Thanks Mike. Like I really need any more incentive to get revved up to head south.

Jim

I'm the dude walking past the wall tent in the last shot. Suffering a horrific facial wound, I was not in the mood to parade for the camera. Course, it wouldn't have been possible since I was lying dead on my stomach in the big scene at the base of the tree in the foreground. You can see a white strap across my back. I'm honored to be in it.

I sent an email to the Park asking if the old and the new movie were going to be on sale. Here is the reply:

Subject: RE: From NPS.gov: Old & new Shiloh movie

Hi, Jim -

Thank you for your interest in our present movie as well as our future movie!

You will be glad to know that the bookstore will be selling a DVD disc set here the park after its premire on April 4th & the DVD set will contain both a blue-ray disc & a DVD disc of the new movie & the current "Portrait of a Battle" movie. If you would like, we will be glad to do a pre-order for this item. It will be priced at $24.95 plus tax & shipping and handling. Just let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thank you!

Karen Jaggars

Unit Bookstore Manager - Shiloh NMP # 574

997 Pittsburgh Landing Rd.

Shiloh, TN 38376

Bookstore Phone # 731-689-3475

Fax # 731-689-5893

Cell Phone # 731-412-8122

Jim

Well I saw my brother for a milisecond LOL! The manner in which they filmed it was great, as for the most part you see people but not faces, or at least you don't see the same faces over and over in a manner that is recognizable.

Thanks for the info about buying the DVD Jim, but ALAS! I will be playing "real" soldier when it goes on sale. Gonna have to beg and plead my case in hopes that they will sell me a copy at the reenactment, otherwise I won't get to see the film till May!

The young soldier that hugs his father in the last few seconds, keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he heads off to basic training in June to join the REAL Army!

Stan