Shiloh Discussion Group
Perry Cuskey

Heading out...

I'm hearing rumors of a great and wondrous gathering near Pittsburg Landing in a few days, so I'm heading over that way tomorrow morning to check on this. I will attempt to report back from time to time with status updates. I'd like to upload some pictures from my phone while I'm there, but unfortunately my smart phone has a dumb owner, so don't hold out tremendous hope.

For those of you who will be there, I'm looking forward to meeting you if possible. Just keep an eye out for a strange-looking bald dude who looks kind of lost, and wears a dark blue beat-up looking Thunder hat when the sun's out. If you see a guy like that, stop and say hello. If it's not me, well hey, you were nice to someone.

Also, assuming the folks at the park allow me to do it, I'll be setting up a small, table-top memorial display beside Peabody's monument, probably right after the Dawn Patrol hike. So you might look for that. The plan is to have it there for the entire weekend. But we'll have to see how that goes.

If you can't make it for the anniversary this year, we'll miss you, but we'll know that you're there in spirit. Hopefully we'll bring back some good stories and good pictures to share. And then start making plans for the 2013 anniversary. :)

See you soon....

Perry

• Like 1

I'll see you at the morning hike......I'll be carrying two cameras on my shoulder shooting away, not at yanks or rebs just photos. Just look for the good looking redhead walking with the slightly over weight ugly guy, that would be me.

Ha, will do Mike. Looking forward to it.

I'm hoping to take some videos of the hikes this year if I can. But the Dawn Patrol hike might be a little dicey. Unless folks don't mind watching a video that looks like the lens cap is still on . ;)

Sharon and Belle, we'll do our best to have too much fun, and bring some back to share on the board.

Perry

• Like 1

Hey Perry, I'll be the guy in the straw hat and Kelty backpack with just one camera. Not totally bald yet, but pretty dang close. If you need to upload anything while we're there, let me know. I'll have options.

John

I'm hearing rumors of a great and wondrous gathering near Pittsburg Landing in a few days, so I'm heading over that way tomorrow morning to check on this. I will attempt to report back from time to time with status updates. I'd like to upload some pictures from my phone while I'm there, but unfortunately my smart phone has a dumb owner, so don't hold out tremendous hope.

For those of you who will be there, I'm looking forward to meeting you if possible. Just keep an eye out for a strange-looking bald dude who looks kind of lost, and wears a dark blue beat-up looking Thunder hat when the sun's out. If you see a guy like that, stop and say hello. If it's not me, well hey, you were nice to someone.

Also, assuming the folks at the park allow me to do it, I'll be setting up a small, table-top memorial display beside Peabody's monument, probably right after the Dawn Patrol hike. So you might look for that. The plan is to have it there for the entire weekend. But we'll have to see how that goes.

If you can't make it for the anniversary this year, we'll miss you, but we'll know that you're there in spirit. Hopefully we'll bring back some good stories and good pictures to share. And then start making plans for the 2013 anniversary. :)

See you soon....

Perry

Have heard much about you from Steve. Looking forward to meeting you andJim Oates let us know you haven't forgotten the lunch steve still owes you. See you at Shiloh. Jeani( Steve's wife)
  • Like 1

A Wicker / Tilghman descendant told me that Duane Helwig, author of "Lone Survivor at Shiloh", will be at Shiloh for the 150th. I don't have this book, and it seems that it contains info that I just recently learned and considered new material. He is supposed to be selling and signing books. I may or may not make it to Shiloh for the 150th. I'm still tired from being there for the reenactment last weekend.

Grandpa

I've just started my 2nd glorious week here in Shilohland, and finally found time to sit at the Subway (no internet in the cabin in the woods) and use their WiFi. Only had a 129 emails and 157 in the spam box! Gettin' reved for the movie tonight.

Jim

I will be thinking of all of you having fun at Shiloh. I have reserved a spot on the "Naval Campaign Tour" via boat of Ft. Pulaski. Sounds interesting and there might be some good photo opportunities.

Remembering all those American soldiers who gave so much on the Battlefield at Pittsburg Landing near Shiloh Church just short of 150 years ago. May their memory and their sacrifice be honored by all.

• Like 1