Shiloh Discussion Group
Perry Cuskey

SDG Fall Get-Together

Hi folks,

We're looking at a possible get-together at the park for Shiloh Discussion Group members on the weekend of October 6th. It would dovetail with the 150th Anniversary events for the battle of Corinth, taking place on October 3rd & 4th. That way if you were thinking about going for the Corinth anniversary - and you should if you can! - hopefully you could stick around a few extra days and join us at Shiloh. The whole thing is still in the early planning stages, but I'd like to get an idea of how many of you would be interested in attending.

The plan at this point would be to spend a day or two out in the park focusing on specific subjects, similar to the anniversary hikes. This would not, however, be anything official with or through the park. Just our own group. And possibly, a special guest tour guide. But don't quote me on that yet, as nothing is set.

So what I need from you folks is this. If you think you might be interested in attending a gathering at the park that weekend, post a reply here. And if you have any certain topic or topics that you'd like to see included, add that to your reply.

I'll have more information as we go along. Right now we're just getting a general idea of where we stand, but we'd like to try and finalize things as soon as possible, so everyone can start making plans. So let me know. :)

Perry

Grandpa, I never respond as people expect. It keeps em off balanced. You could lead the discussion on Park changes through the years, seeing as you've been around for all of them.

Jim

Interesting the CCC topic. I get the impression they might have done a number of "improvement projects" at many of the parks including planting trees at Vicksburg that are now being removed by the NPS so the fields will look more like they did during the battle. I think SDG should make a pilgrimage en mass to Antietam and I will give you all a private tour. :)

I am sorry to say no Corinth trip for me this year too much stuff going on here this fall. I think we should plan a sortie to Brice's Cross Roads in June 2014. I have visions of "a stalwart man, with grayish hair, mild countenance and a slow homely speech" being there in spirit.