Shiloh Discussion Group
Butler56

Friday, April 5: "Long Arm of the Army" 12 mile hike attendees

For those of you going on the Friday, April 5: "Long Arm of the Army: the Artillery of Shiloh" 12 mile hike, we will have a replenishment station about half way through the hike. There will be water, Gatorade, and some no and low calorie sports drinks. So you don't need to take a full days worth of liquids!!

I didn't take part in Jeff's Death March today, but I did run across them a couple of times. First time when I was driving through Rea Field, and the second time, several hours later, along Grant's Last Line. It looked like they were covering some ground. Not sure if they had any deserters along the way, but the group didn't look any smaller to me!

Perry

As I understand it, they only had one drop out the whole 12 miles. Tonight at the Grant talk in the auditorium, there were a more than a few nodding heads and at least two deep asleep. One gent sitting near me that was on the walk was having trouble with leg cramps while sitting there. Sure sounds I missed a lot of fun there, hey!

Jim