Shiloh Discussion Group
Guest 23rd tenn

april 6th anniversary hikes

Guest 23rd tenn

Hello,

attended the hikes on April 6th and saw someone with the address to this website on their shirt. decided to check it out. Looks like a great site. what a great way to spend the day, Dr Gentsch and Bjorn know their stuff. Learned a lot of new things about some different subjects I've not studied before about the battle. Hope to be able to add something to the site from time to time.

Welcome to our Shiloh Discussion Board, 23rd Tenn......

We're a friendly group here and like to learn from one another.  You probably bumped into Perry yesterday at Shiloh, our fearless leader and administrator of this site. I'm sure he'll be giving us field reports of all the anniversary hikes he participated in this past weekend.  By all means jump in with your commentary and share your thoughts with us.

Bjorn is also a member of this esteemed group!  I'm sure you'll enjoy it here, too.

The Manassas Belle

Welcome to the group, Randy. I'm glad you decided to join us. I'm also glad to hear that all the hard work I put into making that museum quality t-shirt paid off! :)

The hikes were great, weren't they? I was walking up and down ravines and jumping over creeks and getting whacked in the face by branches in my sleep last night, reliving it all. Bjorn and Jeff did an outstanding job.

Perry

Guest 23rd tenn

yes they were great, Bjorn and Jeff both know their stuff. I got to enjoy walking with Bjorn last year on a couple of hikes so I knew what to expect from him. Looking at the battlefield the way Jeff took us thru sure made a person step back and appreciate what our boys had to go thru. My only regret is that I didn't take Monday off and go back for the other hikes. I almost did, but wasn't sure how my old body was going to feel after Sunday. Surprised myself that Monday morning I felt as pert as a ruttin buck. Looking back I should have called in and told them I wasn't coming in, but I'd not made the plans.

as for the ravine climbing, limb whacking, and creek jumping, oh what enjoyment, I can't wait until next year to see what the programs will consist of. Unless something happens to change my mind I'm going for both days.

Randy