Shiloh Discussion Group
NoleAdam

Greetings from the Sunshine State!

Hi all,

I'm Adam. I currently live in North Florida, but I grew up in the hills of southern Wisconsin and the cornfields of Indiana. I've had a lifelong interest in the Civil War since my parents took me on a trip to Antietam when I was five or six, and the bug has never left! Since I moved south, I've had the opportunity to make it to Shiloh several times. I became fascinated with Shiloh especially after the 150th anniversary hikes (and the ticks were quite fascinated with me, it seems...). I went to college at Lew Wallace's alma mater in Indiana, and I had ancestors who probably fought in the Indiana infantry at the battle. I look to forward to learn more about this battle!

Best wishes,

Adam

Hello Adam,

Nice to have you join us.  To get the best of our discussion group, don't overlook the older posts.  Much much info lay there.  You can spend many hours reading them.

Ron

Welcome aboard, Adam. A lot of us were out there with you at the 150th, braving the ticks and leaf dust. It was worth it though. 

It's short notice at this point, but we're having a day-long get-together with historian Tim Smith next Saturday, November 9th, if you might be able to join us. Details here....

http://shilohdiscussiongroup.com/index.php?/topic/1437-fall-hike-with-tim-smith-official-announcement/#entry9743

Perry

Good deal, Adam. :)

As I mentioned in the other thread, we'll be meeting up at Shaw's on the south side of the park, at 8:00 on Saturday morning. We'll be having lunch (provided) over by Johnston's mortuary monument, and the afternoon hike will finish up by the church. From there we'll carpool back to Shaw's. You can pay through the Paypal link if you have an account with them. Or if not, you can wait and pay on Saturday morning, since we're so close to the date at this point. 

Should be a good day, and your hiking shoes should get a good workout. ;)

Perry