Shiloh Discussion Group
Sign in to follow this  
rickmancd

Pitnah Tucker

CD,

Thanks very much for this information about Pits Tucker. It is exactly the type of information concerning the local Shiloh civilians at the time of the battle, that I have been looking for. Send more, more, more, please. I can think of several authors who might wish they had this knowledge before their book were published. It certainly clears up the situation, one that has raised questions for me. Questions unanswered until you just posted the answers. You mentioned you might have some info about property titles in a previous post. Any info yet?

Thanks again

Ron

Hello CD,

I read your story of Pits Tucker again for the third time and it still holds my interest.  It seems to fill in many gaps of information about the man and his family and the Pittsburg Landing property.  This lack of info about Pits, his brothers and family and the tavern and property at the landing that has been bugging me.  I'm beginning to think that researching these Shiloh families is harder than researching the battle. 

I did come on a tid-bit of info about Pits and Thomas Maxwell buying the Peter Spain property on Eastern Corinth road about the time period you mention his buying the bottom land at Hamburg.  Do you have any information about this?

Also, I read one item of information about Pits that said his last name was really Thackery (Spelling?), lost this source but trying to find again.  I wondered if this was true but after reading your SHILOH letter, I don't believe this anymore but if you have any info, please send it along. 

Thanks again for a very informative report about Pits Tucker.  (more info please)

Ron  

source