Shiloh Discussion Group
Sign in to follow this  
Butler56

Map Case for either Trailhead or the Reed Maps

Another great Shiloh Anniversary has come and gone....

Someone was asking me where I purchased my map case that I use for both my Reed and Trailhead maps.  I purchased mine through Amazon but not from Amazon. It came from Military Uniform Supply and it is manufactured by Raine, Inc.  It is called a Jumbo Map Case. 

It cost $19.99 and another $6.95 in shipping.  (I thought it was closer to $15.)  It is model 29J and measures 27" by 36".  It is just an inch or two too small for the Trailhead map, but I fold the top couple of inches back.

• Like 1

Very cool, I was actually talking to Michelle about those that I saw on the hikes and was inquiring about them. They looked neat & pretty handy to have out there when we take our Trailhead map out with us.

• Like 1

Butler56......

Thanks for the info.  I own several Trailhead maps of various battlefields.  I'll have to get me some of those map cases.

THE MANASSAS BELLE

Bruce, I just got a Jumbo Map Case, 27 x 36, and the trailshead map fits fine:

post-24-0-64021500-1432610628_thumb.jpg

Now I have to wonder if I have a smaller version of the map?? I was a little disappointed there were no metal grommet holes for hanging on the wall, but a couple of clips from an old pair of suspenders served. Recycling lives!

Jim

I bought another map @ the bookstore. It is definitely larger than the 2 the CWT sent me:

post-24-0-37638100-1450994223_thumb.jpg

The CWT map fits in the case and was free, has all the same info as the $10 bookstore one. Guess which one I prefer!

Jim