Shiloh Discussion Group
Championhilz

Greetings From Mississippi

Hi,

My name is Jeff, and I am a new member here, and glad to be a part of the group! I've had an interest in Shiloh for many years, ever since I found out my G-G grandfather, Lyttleton H. Johnson, and his younger half brother, William Harper, fought in the battle with the 6th Mississippi Infantry. I live in central Mississippi, and have been fortunate enough to visit Shiloh many times over the years - it is definitely one of my favorites.

I am an historian by profession, working at the Mississippi Department of Archives and History. I have also written several books about the Civil War, including a regimental history of the 38th Mississippi Infantry. I also have a blog dedicated to Mississippi's role in the Civil War - it can be found at: http://mississippiconfederates.wordpress.com/.

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to being a part of the group!

Jeff Giambrone

• Like 2

Welcome, Jeff! Happy to have you join us!

A little extra FYI for everyone, Jeff is also the host of the Shiloh forum over on CivilWarTalk.com. Be sure to check it out if you haven't had a chance to do so yet. 

They have some good discussions over there, and Jeff does a great job with the forum.

Perry