Shiloh Discussion Group
Sign in to follow this  
idaho native

Merry Christmas

Wishing everyone a safe and joyous Christmas!

Ozzy

And, from 153 years ago...   'It is Christmas Day!  A day on which angels sang 'Glory to God in the highest, peace on earth and good will toward men,' and oh!  how my heart yearns to join in the same song, if our enemies would let us. Indeed, I may say with truth, I can and do feel the full force of the sentiment of the song toward them. Notwithstanding the warlike purposes in their hearts, I feel no unkindness toward them, or toward any living being, and would bless and pray for them if they would let me. But we trust now as ever before that the Lord will deliver us out of their hands, and that with a great deliverance, and give them a better mind.'  --  MGen Leonidas Polk

[From letter sent from Columbus, Kentucky to Mrs. Polk, Christmas 1861. Found in Leonidas Polk, Bishop and General, by his son William M. Polk; Longman's, Green & Co., New York, 1915, page 53.]

http://archive.org/details/leonidaspolkbis06polkgoog

Wishing all my friends here Merry Christmas!!! Hope that all that have to travel some during this time a safe road trip to and fro..Mona

• Like 1