Shiloh Discussion Group
Butler56

It Lives

I was amazed at how quickly a lot of hotel rooms in the area seemed to be booked up during those days as opposed to last year, but I guess that is a good thing if anything. Thankfully I was able to find something not far off and pet friendly...figured we'd bring our dog Beauregard this year, I'm sure he'll enjoy it. Gonna be a fun time, hopefully it hurries up and gets here soon! :D

Ok...first off...forgive me for posting this here, but for whatever reason this site won't allow me to start a new topic anywhere else it seems and it's very frustrating!

2016 Anniversary Hike Programs have been tentatively announced & the dates for those interested in pre-planning and so forth. 

http://www.nps.gov/shil/planyourvisit/event-details.htm?eventID=5038971-307230

Here is a link as well to the Living History Weekend events taking place on the 2nd & 3rd of April there as well. 

http://www.nps.gov/shil/planyourvisit/event-details.htm?eventID=5034314-307230

Again, a lot of it is very early and I'm sure they'll be updating it all in the coming weeks, but glad to know when it is all taking place, looking forward to it as always!  :)

-Paul 

• Like 2

I just checked the Shiloh National Military Park site on tne NPS website and detailed descriptions are up for most of the April 6 hikes.  The April 7 hikes still have only the titles to offer.  I'll make a pdf of the descriptions when they become fully available (unless the worhy Mr Butler beats me to it). 

My only regret so far is that April 4 is my travel day to SNMP so I will miss that day's mini-Death March with Professor Gentsch.

the hike schedule is not completelt posted..they were having some delays in posting the hikes that were listed tentative...but alls complete..hope to see yall soon! mona

P.S.,,,The hikes are always on the exact aniversary dates..now sat the 2nd there is a living history at duncan field and both days demos at the vc...

the hike schedule is not completelt posted..they were having some delays in posting the hikes that were listed tentative...but alls complete..hope to see yall soon! mona

P.S.,,,The hikes are always on the exact aniversary dates..now sat the 2nd there is a living history at duncan field and both days demos at the vc...

Oh I know the Anniversary Dates always coincide with the Actual Dates themselves...I was moreso referring to the overall luck that this year those dates had to fall right in the middle of the week kind of thing...but c'est la vie!  ;)