Shiloh Discussion Group
lelliott19

Additional Activities?

I saw the NPS schedule of events, but was just wondering if any forum members are meeting up for additional activities? My husband and I are coming up Saturday and leaving Sunday - we live pretty nearby in AL.

Looks like most of the NPS activities are on Saturday. Anyone have anything else planned and wouldnt mind if we tag along?

Or any guide (official or otherwise :D) who knows about Wood's Brigade who would like to pick up a tour? 

I bet you'll get some takers on the unofficial guide thing. :)

I've decided my life as a budding Civil War student may not be complete without experiencing the dawn patrol anniversary hike . . . but looks like it's going to have to wait for another year. 

Hope you two have fun!

• Like 1

I will be hiking with Professor Gentsch on his Sunday Death Stroll.  If my feet allow, I can reprise my Wood's Brigade hike.  Jeff's hike is supposed to be completed by 3:00 pm, so let's meet at 3:00 pm at the former Ed Shaw's gift shop (junction of State Routes 22 and 142).

I'm driving a blue Ford Explorer with the First National Flag as the front license plate and a Pennsylvania plate as the rear plate (if my vehicle is there and I'm not, then I still on the field with Professor Gentsch).

Please keep in mind that my leading this hike is dependent on the condition of my feet, which were heavily blistered by the November, 2014 Epic Hike.  All are welcomed to join me!

Oops!  It's just been pointed out to me that Professor's Gentsch's hike is scheduled to run until 5:00 pm, so I will be unable to reprise my Wood's Brigade hike.

Sorry for the confusion.

No problem Alan. Im sure youll enjoy the Gentsch hike! If anyone else is interested in showing a couple of newbies around the route of Wood's brigade, we would be forever grateful. 

On another note, I spoke with Alan by email and we are tentatively planning to meet somewhere for dinner on Saturday evening. Not sure what time it will be, as Alan is driving in from PA. If others would like to join us, please let me or Alan know. Would love to meet you and put faces with names. 

• Like 1

also,on sat/sun..there will be a Living  History (sponsored by the Shiloh Battlefield Museum  1115 Hwy 22 s Shiloh--accross 22 from Shaw's)The weather is to be nice so we should have a good number of reinactors for programs>

• Like 3

Thanks mona. We definitely plan to check that out while we are there! 

I reserved the last spot in the 1:00 PM Saturday NPS Car Caravan tour today. We have a Honda Pilot so if anyone would like to share a ride we'd be happy to have you join us! 

• Like 1

Not sure what we are doing just yet, we got into town not too long ago and are finally settled down. Debating whether or not to do Jeff's hike tomorrow, depends how I feel in the morning...but I know at least a handful of programs will be possible on Monday providing it doesn't rain a whole lot. We might just be winging it the next few days, we'll see.

• Like 2