Shiloh Discussion Group
Sign in to follow this  
svedra

Glad to be here!

All,

I just wanted to reach out an introduce myself.  I stumbled upon this group via You Tube videos of your Tim Smith hikes. I have been interested in the Civil War since the 4th grade, but just getting back into it recently.  The forums are fantastic and I look forward to contributing once I get up to speed.

Glad to have you join us, svedra.  Pull up a chair and stay awhile.  This is a great group of friendly, knowledgeable folks who have studied the battle in depth.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

THE MANASSAS BELLE

I hope that you can make it to the anniversary hikes in April and the Epic Hike in November.  Walking the ground is essential for understanding any battle.

I note that you are interested in Perryville.  My focus is on Shiloh and Perryville, with a lesser but significant interest in Chickamauga.   Do you get to the Perryville battlefield very often?

Yes, Welcome indeed.  You seem to have all of the interests that I have.  If you view the artillery sub-section, you will see my name there many times.  We need to get the artillery discussion running again.  

Ron

Welcome...as stated above..do hope you can come to the hikes in the future...one really must walk the ground to really understand the battle. looking forward to meeting you some day.Mona