Shiloh Discussion Group
Sign in to follow this  
Rebel

(2007) Avatars

Some of you have Avatars on your posts. I tried to set one up the other day and it would not let me submit a picture with a bigger file than 49Kb. All of my pictures run in the 1Mb range. Is there a way you were able to shrink the size of these files to the acceptable limit? I know this question shows how computer illiterate I can be at times. But, I would like to do one of the Avatar things so guess i need to swallow the old pride..

Reb, I had the same problem. I used a 90k jpeg and trimmed the edges off until I got it small enough. I do know a friend who has a program that can increase or decrease the file size, but don't have it myself. Jim

Dan,

Try the link below. It's a free site that allows you to re-size a picture you have. Just click the browse button to find the picture you want to re-size then input the height and width. The max pixel size for the board is 150x150. You should be able to save the re-sized image and then upload it. If it doesn't work, do a search on Google for "resizing an avatar online," or some variation, and you should get several results. If, after that, you still run into problems, let me know. Here's the link -

http://resizepic.com/

Here's what I did:

Open the picture with Windows Paint.

Click on Image --> Stretch/Skew

Do a little quick figuring and change the horizontal and vertical scale to your calculated percentage.

Go look at Image --> Attributes...

If you're still a pixel or two too big you can simply change the vertical and horizontal measurements here. This just crops the picture, so make sure you got it close with the Skew.