Shiloh Discussion Group
Sign in to follow this  
WI16thJim

Civil War Trust photo contest

“Your Family On A Battlefield” Photo Contest!

This summer, people across America are stepping onto battlefields. Families are going on trips to learn about our nation’s history and exploring our greatest conflicts. We want you to share your special moments with us!

Submit a photo of you or your family members on a battlefield: a national, state or local park, or even preserved land owned by the Civil War Trust. Take a snapshot of you and your spouse on a hike, children with a park ranger, or grandparents taking in a monument—anything that you can capture!

The photo contest is being held on our Facebook page (but you do not need a Facebook account to participate). You can find the page to upload your photos here. When you’re uploading your submission, please be sure to include a caption to tell us which battlefield you are visiting, and who is in the photo. Please note that your submission will not immediately appear in the gallery after you have uploaded it.

We have received some great submissions so far: Children walking the battlefields where their ancestors fought, multi-generational families visiting monuments for the first time together, even throwback photos from when some of our members were kids!

If you’re looking for a camera-worthy event, join us for an unforgettable experience in Gettysburg on Saturday, September 3: Attack and Defend Little Round Top! Bring someone at least one generation younger—family member or friend—and share your passion for history at this FREE event. Space is limited, so make sure to RSVP for this Generations event.

Whether its Gettysburg, Pea Ridge, Fort Sumter, or Kennesaw - we can’t wait to see your photos!

I'm kinda disappointed about the new look to the photo contest.  I always looked forward to seeing some of my photog friends entries and planned how I could top them.  It helped me grow in my battlefield photography with the friendly completion.  It looks like they are looking to get a larger footprint on social media these days.