Shiloh Discussion Group
Sign in to follow this  
McCuller Kin

Home but not alone?

https://archive.org/stream/storyoffiftyfift00illi#page/n251/mode/2up/search/lowe

William H Lowe reported in the OR (Official Record Of The War Of Rebellion) that someone was home at the Bell or the McCullers cabin the morning of April 6th.
                This week I found the link to the later report that William H. Lowe wrote about in a book titled “The Story Of The 55th Regiment Illinois Volunteer  Infantry In The Civil War”

Our family lore is the family was at home the morning of April 6th.    
My great great great grandfather David Green McCullers died in 1859. Leaving his wife Mary Watson McCullers , three sons David Crockett (19) Bryant Watson  (15) James Madison (8) their sister Mary Agnes (23).
The man with the tears streaming down his face may have been my great great grandfather  David Crockett McCullers. Could have been his brother Bryant Watson. Or a third possibility Matthew Henry Barlow checking on Mary Agnes who he later married in 1866.

Edited by McCuller Kin
additional info

Kin

The family information, as much as you provide, is confirmed by the 1860 US federal Census.  I would appreciate any further information about the McCuller family as you may have.  I'm working on a listing of the civilian population of the Shiloh hill area at time of battle.  It has not been easy for me as I'm not from that area.

Thanks for your post

Ron