Shiloh Discussion Group
Perry Cuskey

Epic Trek with Tim: Fort Donelson Video

Tony's camera was cutting off on him from time to time during the Fort Donelson hike, but he was able to apply some of his editing skills to go along with his video skills, and put together a good video for us. So here you go, and big-time thanks again to Tony for doing this for us, and to Tim for putting together another outstanding hike.

• Like 3

On 1/18/2017 at 0:57 PM, rwaller said:

Have you read Timothy Smith's new book? I'm sure it will be at the top of my list when I order next. It looks like you had a great time. 

Haven't had a chance to read Tim's book yet, but I hope to do so soon. It's gotten some good reviews on Amazon, not surprisingly. 

Perry

• Like 1

I got a copy for Christmas (ok - I bought it for myself).  Unfortunately, I need to start reading in preparation for the Chickamauga-Chattanooga National Military Park Study Group's Seminar in the Woods in March and then to begin preparation for the April hikes at Shiloh NMP.  Then, I'll be able to get to Dr Smith's new study.

• Like 2

I started Tim's recent book not too long ago, the one thing I wish were different (as it was with the Shiloh book) is less of the Tarantino-ing with certain topics...meaning...something will be introduced, and then several pages spent going back to the beginning, explaining how that topic or person came to be.

A lot of the times it's only something small & indifferent to the big picture, it just simply can be annoying at times. Then again, this is just my opinion. 

-Paul 

Is Tim planning on doing an epic hike each year at FODO?  I am about a third into this and finding most helpful in expanding my knowledge of the terrain and would enjoy doing such a walk in the future.

Darryl

probably not with our group...this weekend there is a book signing at the stewart co visitor center and other activities going on.I found the info...you can go to Parkers crossroads or Ft donelson's facebook page and they have the schedule for the activities this weekend posted

Ahhh, I am a weekend too late (heading there NEXT weekend), but thank you for the info.  Might have to make their event each year going forward as FODO is only a five hour drive.

And blast, that new visitor's center was supposed to be completed last month.