Shiloh Discussion Group

Hello all. I joined this forum over a year ago to learn what I could about the battle at Shiloh for a fiction book I was writing. Well, the book is finished, thanks to everyone who gave me their valuable time, and I am ready to publish it. There is a launch page at facebook.com/oldtimechristian/. if you would like to check it out. The battle doesn't take place until around chapter 18 of the book, but I could not have written that part without you all. Publication is in a few weeks. Thanks again for allowing me to be a small part of this group. If for some reason the link doesn't work, you can find me on face book as SJWellsAuthor :)

Admin note - here is the working link to the Facebook page - 

https://www.facebook.com/OldTimeChristianAuthor/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess that link didn't work. So, here's the back cover info about the book which is called "His Yankee Wife." 

Battle scarred in body and soul, Rae Wilkins comes home to keep a promise to her best friend, despite her hometown’s long memory concerning her past mistakes. Discovering a book written about her ancestors who fought in the Civil War Rae reads about Rachel, a Yankee left behind in the South when her husband enlists in the Union Army. Struggling to understand her place in God’s kingdom, Rachel’s faith and loyalty are put to the test when she follows her husband to the battlefield. Caught between the sins of the past and the hope of the future, Rae and Rachel must draw their own battle lines and learn the true meaning of forgiveness.

SJ Wells

Congratulations on completing your latest work!  No easy feat, to remain focused and exercise self discipline required to finish a work, once begun, that may require years to bring to fruition. 

All the best

Ozzy

• Like 1

Ozzy, thank you. I hope the descriptions about the battlefield are clear and authentic, but I'll have to wait until someone reads it to know for sure. :) If anyone on this forum would be interested, I am looking for early readers, those who read the book for free and post a review on Amazon. Also, here is the actual link to the Facebook page

facebook.com/OldTimeChristianAuthor/

Perry, thank you so much. The contest ends on the 29th, so folks have a few more days to vote for their favorite pic. Also, I'm still looking for early readers, those who will read for free and leave a review on Amazon when the book releases, if anyone is interested.