Shiloh Discussion Group
Perry Cuskey

Goodbye to a friend

Sad news to share with the group. Long-time member C.D. Rickman passed away earlier today after a long bout with cancer.

Many of us had the chance to get to know C.D., and came to realize that he was a man with some exceptional qualities. He had a strong passion for people and things that mattered to him, and would not hesitate to take an active role and get involved. His love for Shiloh is evident in his active involvement not only with our group, but also as an officer in the Friends of Shiloh.

He played a leading role in the establishment of the touchingly beautiful Savannah Veterans Park, something I think he was justifiably proud of. You'll find C.D.'s name there, on the monument to the 101st Airborne, along with his fellow veterans from that famous unit. He was also the local coordinator for Wreaths Across America, which raises money to place wreaths on the graves of veterans. 

Simply put, he cared, and if you ever spent any time talking to him, you came to understand that about him. C.D. was a good man. He'll be missed.

Perry

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

When I first meet CD, he spent the better part of a day showing me sites related to the battle that are not on the Park. The man was generous with his time and willing to help anyone. A rare man indeed. I don't know if we realize just yet in how many ways he will be missed. RIP buddy.

To the Family of C. D. Rickman

My sincere condolences, and heart-felt sympathy...