Shiloh Discussion Group
Sign in to follow this  
ShilohNick

(2007) Julius Raith

Does anyone know where I can find a picture of Julius Raith? I'm doing a Shiloh presentation to my roundtable and have pictures of the other brigade commanders who were killed. If I don't have a picture of him its not the end of the world just thought it would be a nice touch. I tried google but most hits for him are from orders of battle or rosters.

--Nick

Cunningham's "new" book on Shiloh has pictures of some Union officers you don't normally see, but unfortunately Raith isn't one of them. Your best bet might be contacting the park headquarters and see if they might have something they could fax over. Don't know if they would but it can't hurt to ask. What roundtable are you with?

Perry

I'm with the Rocky Mountain Civil War Roundtable in Littleton Colorado (southwest Denver suburb). Our next meeting is May 10 and I'm doing a critical decisions of Shiloh presentation. While Raith didn't exactly do anything to qualify as critical I thought it'd be a nice touch. I'll try the park, like you say can't hurt to ask.

--Nick