Shiloh Discussion Group
mona

2009 anniversary hike update

everybody that is planning to join in on the hikes this year --they should show up any minute now.but be prepared to find them a little different than what we've been used to--some will overlap by hour or so --so there is no way really we can attend each and every one:(so as soon as the schedule appears study through it before you call the VC and sign up OK?

Mona

So they're going to have overlapping hikes this year? Well, perhaps they've been getting requests to expand the subjects covered. There's so much. Like Bjorn said last year, about covering the same ground over and over, and never telling the same story twice. Be a shame to miss some of the hikes though, but I guess I can understand.

I see on the park web site that they have a note posted about the anniversary events, saying that more information is coming soon about the hikes.

I also see they're having Park Day on March 28th. I think I'll post a note about that.

Perry

Yes I too was a little disappointed about the possiilty of missing some hikes but maybe there overlap will include hikes some of us have already done and can cover new ground.I do know that its 5am 4-6-09 for the Fraley field hike and that day will end with Dill branch excursion as grants last line that has been off the schedule for several years.i know every one will want to visit the indian mounds and hopefully the trail and signage will be in place by then.

Mona

When you all look at the hike schedule to make your plans on which ones to attend -you need to plan on getting to the beginning about 15-20 minutes ahead of time on the ones led by Bjorn because (they informed me at the Vc)he will have a pre hike talk and maybe a song!

Mona

everybody that's interested in the hikes need to call in a sign up as of yesterday-only Sharon and myself have signed up.mnaybe things will pick up after the weather clears up.

Mona

It's just driving me insane I can't come up for the hikes. If I did I would have to bring my kids (3, 6, & 8), and then there wouldn't be any point in coming. Well, I am planning on coming up this summer, my December visit never happened. It will be ten years this summer since I've been to Shiloh, that is just too long.