Shiloh Discussion Group
bobweaver

Shiloh and Corinth on Mississippi Public Broadcating

Thanks for the heads-up about this program, Bob. I just emailed the station there in Jackson, asking them if the program might be viewed online at some point, or if it will be distributed to other affiliates. Although based on Mona's note it's probably already gone around to some of the regional affiliates. I'd like to see it if possible. What did you think of the program, Mona?

Here's a short trailer they posted on Youtube. If you've seen Ken Burn's Civil War series, you'll recognize the accompanying music...

[user=109]bobweaver[/user] wrote:

Here's another web page about it.

http://www.etv.state.ms.us/television/specials/Shiloh/index.htm

Hey Wrap, notice the tree in the bottom picture?

Well I'll be darned. Good eyes there Bob. I don't think I would have picked up on that being the same tree. Which reminds me, nice avatar. :D

Perry

Jim,

Thanks for the links. I only saw part of the American Experience program on Grant when it first came out, but maybe I can see the whole thing on their web site. What I saw before looked pretty good.

Haven't heard back from the PBS station in Jackson yet, and may not. But if I do, I'll pass along what they say.

Perry

THIS IS ON YOUTUBE. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST IT TOSO YOU CAN GET TO IT. BUT I HAVE EMAIL IT TO WRAP 10. I AM KNOW HE WILL KNOW HOW TO DO IT.  

AARON YATES

thank you for this

love to dine at Ft Vancouver on Officers Row

The Grant House not only has yummy food, the

hosts will take one on a tour and have Grant's

desk he used during his time in the territory.

It's the original house they also can show and

explain the remodeling that has occurred.

Didn't they do a great job on the video? Very well done.

I've been to Fort Vancouver, but only once, and the houses on Officers Row were closed the day I was there. I can't remember why. This was back in the late 80's, when my sister was living in Oregon City. But even though everything was closed it was very pretty around there, and the houses looked like a 19th Century officer could step out of them at any moment. I can't remember for sure if I saw Grant's house, but I must have. One of these days I have to get back up there and visit again. It's just a beautiful area, with a lot of history.

Perry