Shiloh Discussion Group
idaho native

Sooners

That was a heck of a game. I hate losing to those blasted shorthorns, but OU put up a good fight. Been a rough season so far. Three losses by a grand total of just 5 points, and their best players keep getting injured. But, sometimes that's how it goes. I just hope Bradford is okay. He's a good kid, and he's got a lot of future NFL money riding on that right arm of his.

Boomer Sooner, to the bitter end.

Perry

Idaho.......

Even though I was in Gettysburg attending the Gettysburg Foundation's Fall Muster this weekend, I managed to sneak away to watch the 4th quarter of the OU game.  Bummer that Texas beat us like that.  Never trust a Longhorn!

(Wait till y'all see the new Lincoln statue that will have its own plaza just outside the new Visitors Center in Gettysburg.  It will be dedicated next month!  It's  fabulous. )

THE MANASSAS BELLE

Idaho.....

The Lincoln plaza at the Gettysburg Visitors Center is still being constructed but it should be ready for the statue dedication at Remembrance Day next month.  Click on the attachment to get a preview of the statue.  Forgive the quality.  I had to scan it from the materials I received at the program I attended Friday night.

The Manassas Belle

That will be a nice statue. Is it just me, or is there a trend toward more human scale statues these days where the Civil War is concerned, rather than the heroic, larger than life scale statues of years past? Maybe not, but this new Lincoln statue reminds me of the Longstreet monument at Gettysburg. They're both more down-to-earth if you will, and make the person being memorialized seem more human and less mythic.

Hey, I see where Idaho is now 6-1 after knocking off Hawaii. Go Vandals!

Perry