Shiloh Discussion Group
Sign in to follow this  
Manassas1

100 MEMBERS!

Everyone........

Whahooooo!!! We've passed the 100 members mark on the Shiloh Discussion Board!  Congratulations, Perry, and the rest of the group!!!

We have a good start on our second hundred!

THE MANASSAS BELLE

Well we sure got there faster than I expected. I love nice surprises!

Thanks for the kind words, Eileen and Jim. And I'd like to welcome our new members to the board.

Speaking of which, I mentioned the other day that we'd be having a little something special when we hit 100 members. I'll spell out the details hopefully by this weekend, but it's going to involve a drawing for a giveaway. Sorry, no free cars, trips to Hawaii or anything like that. And no, Jim, no free beer. Sorry. ;) But a little something for me to say thanks, even if just in a small way.

Perry

Well actually, that's not far off. Only problem is that I'm the one paying all my expenses for the trip!

Speaking of the anniversary though, don't look now but we're already closer to the 2010 anniversary than we are to the 2009 anniversary. Where does the time go?

Perry

Kevin, the anniversary hikes are a great way to do that. They take you way off the main tour route, into areas of the park that don't usually get a lot of visitors. If you have the chance, I'd sure recommend taking part. Plus I have a feeling our discussion group is going to be well represented next April. The only possible monkey wrench I can see for next year is that the anniversary falls in the middle of the week, so that might cause a bit of a drop off in attendance. Maybe not though. Either way, I hope you get the chance to make it, as the hikes are certainly worth while.

Perry

I personally could be persuaded to make a trip to Shiloh between now and the end of January if we had some smart folks in the group that would be willing to lead a hike..

I would definitely be interested in an anniversary hike. My 11-year-old son is really into the Civil War now--and Shiloh in particular--and I think he would get a lot out of it. Looking forward to it!

[user=86]kmccann[/user] wrote:

I would definitely be interested in an anniversary hike. My 11-year-old son is really into the Civil War now--and Shiloh in particular--and I think he would get a lot out of it. Looking forward to it!

I hope you both get the chance to go, Kevin. That's right around the age I was when I first visited the park. As you can tell, it didn't have much of an impact on me. ;)

I think he'd really enjoy it though. The hikes are a great learning experience at any age.

Perry

Winter is a good time to hike on the park. No bugs, no snakes, and you can see through the woods better. Also easier to see wildlife. I'm semi-retiring on Dec. 1st, so I can hike most anytime. We absolutely should have CD along, Mona also if she's available. It would be great if we could get at least half a dozen for a hike.

Grandpa

Hi I am still on for that shiloh hike.Been planning  since we spoke about it back in April so if others will get on board its a go.The leaves are about to go and iwas out there doing some research for my part and didnt pick up a tick!!Just set the date.

Mona

Saturday Dec 5th is fine with me.Just give me the time and place.And regarding the 100 member mark--Perry and Dan-- April'07 doesnt seem that long ago when you told me about it at the hikes--

Mona

[user=20]mona[/user] wrote:

Saturday Dec 5th is fine with me.Just give me the time and place.And regarding the 100 member mark--Perry and Dan-- April'07 doesnt seem that long ago when you told me about it at the hikes--

Mona

Sure goes by fast, doesn't it Mona? The 2010 anniversary will be on us before we know it.

Perry