Shiloh Discussion Group
WI16thJim

We're Back!

Finally!

A huge thank you goes out to the support personnel at HostGator, the site on which this board is hosted. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be back online.

As you can see though, we've lost the original board graphics. That may or may not be temporary. I'm looking into that, but my main concern was to get the board back up again. My administration email still isn't working correctly, so I'll be sending out a notice to everyone from my gmail account here in just a bit.

Ron - I've fixed your avatar. I'm afraid all of the avatars are gone, and everyone will have to restore them. I'll mention this in the email notice, but if anyone needs help with restoring your avatar, send me an email about it.

For anyone who's curious, the big "Wow Classic" you see at the top of the site refers to the company that originally created, and hosted, the board. That graphic is the default graphic that came with the software on which this board runs. The main SDG graphic we're all familiar with - the one with generals Grant and A.S. Johnston at the top of all the pages - was created especially for this board, but we lost it, as well as those little firing cannons and such, when we had to use the original board files to bring everything back online.

Long way of saying we lost the old "look" of the board, at least for now, but we still have all of the posts and all of the members. That's what matters.

So the bottom line is simply what Jim said - we're back! :)

If anyone has any problems, be sure and send me a PM or an email at pcuskey@gmail.com. As soon as my regular admin email is working again, I'll let everyone know.

Perry

Hi everyone--I also am glad the board's back to running--I like Gregg will have to figure out the avatar thing--I had a computer kid do it for me and he's not around now.:(Even this area to post is different but its ok--But I do miss the little cannon I sure hope we can get replacements.

Mona

Well I ha"ve figured out the WC's are yellow if you have not viewed a post in that section.However I have faith that Perry will get eveything back as it was.

Mona

Glad the board is back. It has been cold here -4 below 0 Tuesday & my furnace drain decided to freeze up which means no heat. We are having a pearl Harbor commemoration on Saturday, a changing of the guard ceremony by the Navy reserve, must go take photos. Hope everyone is having a great December.