Shiloh Discussion Group
idaho native

2010 Shiloh Living History Event

This is part of my unit at the main burial trench at Shiloh this past Memorial Day, supposedly we're going to be on the Christmas ornament this year. They've been letting the 51st TN do this service the past 20 something years. This trench has a Confederate National Flag flying 24/7. The main event is at the National Cemetery at the park HQs and we have one at 11. It looked like there were about 75 people watching. We got to fire 3 volleys and then an individual one for an ancestor of ours that fought in the CW. I'm on the right.

DSC06105.jpg

Wonderful photo! By Christmas ornament do you mean the 1 they usually sell at the park bookstore? I have a couple I bought there in 2009. I think 1 is of the 7th Tennessee Cavalry, CSA by Shiloh Church.

Three volleys - I am assuming that is a 21 gun salute right?

Seeing that there were around 12-13 of us there, it was more like a 36-39 gun salute. I think it was pretty much a symbolic thing. Yes, I believe it will be the bookstore one.