Shiloh Discussion Group
lhawk1970

Greetings from Southern Illinois

I look forward to chatting with you all.  Shiloh Battlefield was the first battlefield I had the pleasure of touring.  I was a small boy but remember that first visit as much as my last.  I have been back many times and hope to return on it's anniversary next month along with my son.  I have a Civil War lineage through my Great Great Grandfather from the 98th Illinois Mounted Infantry (Wilder's Brigade).

Welcome to the group. Glad you've joined us. :)

We'd love to hear what you and your son think of the hikes next month, if you get the chance to take part.

I'm guessing you've had the chance to visit Chickamauga as well?

Perry

Yes, I think we will participate in some of the hikes on the 6th.  I will let you know what we think.  We are very excited.  He turns 4 in April but this will be his 2nd trip to Shiloh.

I have toured most of the major and minor battlefields in the Western Theater and have been to Chickamauga a dozen times or so.  As you can imagine Chickamauga holds a certain family connection for me, but Shiloh is indeed a treasure.

Thanks for the welcome, Perry.

Welcome from the great state of Idaho. Wow that is a tossup whether I find Shiloh or Ckickamauga more interesting from a historical perspective. Franklin holds a special place for me too. Hope you enjoy Shiloh. The living history events are really worthwhile (April 11-12) if you get a chance to see that too.

Welcome to our group.I beleive you will enjoy the hikes when you get there look me up i'll be there .Will be nice to meet you and your son.

Mona

Hello from Marion Illinois...  Glad to have you on the board..  I plan to attend the hikes on the 6th and 7th..  Going to leave here late afternoon of the 5th if you are interested in carpooling down let me know..

lhawk1970,

Even though you're Union and Dan goes by "Rebel" here on the board, you can trust him. He won't strand you along the side of the road somewhere. Honest. :)

Perry