Shiloh Discussion Group
dd10

Hi

I am a new member and just discovered this site.  I spent most of my childhood just down the road from Shiloh.  I have introduced many to the park over the years and visited many times.  Although my adult years have me living further away now, my father lives 10 minutes away from the park and I visit the park frequently when I am in the area.  I love Shiloh and there are many interesting things to discover there and in the area surrounding the park boundaries.

Welcome to the group you will enjoy our discussions .You mentioned that you have family living nearby --did you have family living in the region during the war??I live/work not to far and frequent the battlefield qquite often.

Mona

Hello Mona,

I am not aware of any family that I had living in the area during the war.  We moved to the area in 1973 and my Dad still lives there.  I have made many trips to shiloh over the years.  I used to ride my horse near the park several years ago, there are several historical markers that used to be outside the park boundaries that I would find, although they may have fallen down by now, wish I could think of where I had seen them.

Hi Most of the p[laqi=ues that are stiil outside the park boudaries are supposed to be maintained by the park--if you know of any that have feel down let me know and I'll see they know about it and hopefully will repair said items.welcome.But I j[know aof several that are screaming out for a paint job!

Mona