Shiloh Discussion Group
Sign in to follow this  
Perry Cuskey

Update (Thread from the original board)

Just a quick update for everyone. The new discussion board is nearly ready, but we're still waiting on the database transfer. Until that's completed, we're basically in a holding pattern. The move to the new board may take a little longer than I had anticipated - those unforeseen glitches I mentioned - but sooner or later we'll be there. In the meantime, we're still good to go here.

Keep in mind what I said before about new posts here, though. If they're made after the transfer takes place, they won't find their way to the new board. Other than that, all remains the same as before. More news when I have it. Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel...

Perry

Things are not progressing as quickly as I had hoped. The company responsible for the database download is not responding to the emails that I've sent, so I still don't know when the download will take place. That's the holdup at this point.

I apologize for the delay. If I had known it was going to take this long I would have waited before announcing the pending move to a new board. But, like the ancient proverb says, stuff happens. :)

I'll keep you posted...

Perry

Well folks, I know you're tired of hearing this - I know I'm tired of having to keep saying it - but we're still waiting on the download. From what I'm told, the problem is being caused by the recent upgrade to phpbb version 3. I was also told it would probably be fixed, and the download completed, by the 15th, which was this past Friday. But, no such luck.

I'm beginning to feel like Grant, looking down the road and expecting to see Lew Wallace and his men huffing and puffing over the hill any moment. On the bright side though, Wallace eventually did show up. So maybe there's hope.

Anyway, until this download happens, we'll just continue here as before.

Perry