Shiloh Discussion Group
Sign in to follow this  
WI16thJim

The Road to Shiloh

Bailey and I are leaving on the first leg of our journay to Shiloh.  We will stay in Southern IL tonight and be in Southern TN tomorrow.  If nothing else, we'll leave behind the snow flurries we've had this week.

Jim

Looks like you should have some nice weather at the park, Jim. Knock wood. Or metal, or plastic, or whatever works.

Have yourselves a safe trip, and a great time.

Perry

were u stayin Jim might get together this week before hikes i live in milledgeville tn u probably come through on way to shiloh four way stop on highway 22 10  miles north of adamsville stop by we have a brew and i show u some yankee graves in a cematary i take care of

Dang Perry, didn't find this post until just now.  Would have enjoyed seeing you again and you know I would have loved the brew, especially with the heat.  I think that is what beer was invented for!  Family kept me pretty busy, so I didn't get off alone much.  With luck and a little faith, I'll be down next year, and I will hold you to the brew.

Jim

Just reread the thread and realized I went from whining about the snow to whining about the heat!

I do not think the weather can decide what to do to cold one day and to hot the next. But I can sit here and look out at the beautiful sunset outside my upstairs window. The sunsets are beautiful here.

Just think at 04:30 tomorrow the shot that was heard round the world was fired.

And the whine continues!  Fri., April 1st, snowflakes the size of half dollars were falling and the only thing keeping me from severe depression is the thought that I'd be heading to Shiloh on Sun.  Sat., April 9th.  95 degree heat and humidity.  I didn't care, I WAS AT SHILOH!  Sat., April 16th, back in WI with snow flurries.  Wish I was at Shiloh.

Jim 

"Believe it or not but it's only 56 right now, alot colder than that this morning."  I awoke to 2' of fresh snow on the ground this AM.  I'd love 56!

Jim